What is this game called? ("swinging bowling")

Discussion in 'English Only' started by takiakos76, Nov 1, 2017.

  1. takiakos76 Senior Member


    What you see in the picture is a game called (roughly translated) "swinging bowling" in Hungary. Does this have an English name? Or is this some Hungarian specialty?


    Attached Files:

  2. heypresto

    heypresto Senior Member

    South East England
    English - England
    Smaller indoor versions like the picture below, are known as 'table skittles' of 'bar skittles' or 'Devil Amongst the Tailors'. And there are probably many more names used around the world. We would probably call the game in your picture something like 'giant skittles'.

  3. ewie

    ewie Senior Member

    English English
  4. takiakos76 Senior Member

    I swear I searched, but quite naturally I didn't think to search for the Hungarian term in the English-only forum. :) Thanks!!

Share This Page