what "witchy" means?

embora

Spanish
Hello I am Spanish... spaniard. I think to be hearing the word "witchy" in a conversation about mess murders (manson family one´s)... I hear -weechee- or something like that. Sorry about my english. Thanks in advance.

• embora

Spanish
    thank you very much... The conversation goes in this way...- Manson- "Leave a sign... something "weechee"..." Or this is what I hear. Is in the trailer of the movie THE MANSON FAMILY.

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    thank you very much... The conversation goes in this way...- Manson- "Leave a sign... something "weechee"..." Or this is what I hear. Is in the trailer of the movie THE MANSON FAMILY.
    Thanks for the context. ;)

It is definitely "witchy" and it means something that would evoke thoughts of witches, black magic, the occult. The -y ending is usually the same as the -like ending.

Trisia

Romanian
    Hi,

I just watched the trailer (ewwww) and I also think he says "...and leave a sign... something witchy."

You can see the meaning in most dictionaries though:

witchy - Dictionary.com
    adjective
    1. accomplished by or as if by witchcraft: strange, witchy sounds.
    2. similar to or characteristic of a witch; witchlike: a witchy enjoyment of mischief-making.
    I think they were trying to scare people by leaving a strange sign, that would make them think of witchcraft or some other dark rituals.

EDIT: Ah, late again. Snap, Nunty! :)

Last edited:

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    I can claim some little expertise on the Manson Family. They lived not far from where we lived when I was a teenager and the address of an apartment I once lived in as a student appears in the book written by the district attorney who prosecuted them. At one point in my life I read everything that was written about them.

All that to say that there is not a shadow of a doubt, as Trisia also says, that the word is "witchy" and was meant to evoke thoughts of witches and magic and the occult.

Last edited: