When to give birth?

coup de hache

russian
Hello!

Is this correct:

When to read? When to give birth? When to love? When to see friends? When to live?

I'm hesitating a bit about the second sentence. Should I add a complement, eg "when to give birth to a child"? Or rephrase it, eg "when to have kids"?

(It's from a translation I'm editing)

Thanks in advance!

cdh

• The Scrivener

Banned
    England. English
    Hello!

Is this correct:

When to read? When to give birth? When to love? When to see friends? When to live?

I'm hesitating a bit about the second sentence. Should I add a complement, eg "when to give birth to a child"? Or rephrase it, eg "when to have kids"?

Thanks in advance!

cdh
    I would use "when to have children" since "giving birth" is beyond one's control, once pregnancy is established.

When to give birth to a child is redundant because we know that a child will be born.

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Hello!

Is this correct:

Thanks in advance!

cdh
    I'd say: when to have children? When to give birth isn't a thing you have control over once affairs have been put in train.

P.S. The Scrivener and I posted almost simultaneously. The degree to which we agree is striking and reassuring.

< Previous | Next >