When to use participles -dık/-acak and when verbal nouns ma/me

AngieRZ

Serbian
Herkese selamlar!

So, my question is simple, but İ am aware that the answer probably isn't. How do you natives know when to use which grammatical form - participle dık/acak (e.g. sevdiğim) or verbal nouns ma/me (sevmem)?
For example:
Ahmet'in buraya döneceğine inanıyorum. Whyyyyy oh why can't İ say dönmesine instead of döneceğine, or can İ? 😕🤔🙄
Maybe the example isn't good for the question İ have asked. Just please make it simple and understandable as posible.
Please, write some rules for this, that must be followed, so that İ can always be sure what to use.
P.S. İ have read a lot of books already and searched everywhere for the answer and still nothing. My only hope is you good people.
Stay well and healthy! Thank you

• kadir

Turkish
    If you believe that something is going to happen in the future, you should use -ecek -acak(Ahmet gelecek).If you want to give general idea of you about something,for example scientific acceptances,then you can -use -ma me in your sentences.
    (present) Evrime inanıyorum=I believe in evolution.
    (future) Evrim sonucu insanların değişeceğine inanıyorum.=I believe people will change as a result of evolution.

_Ozgur_

Turkish
    Ahmet'in buraya döneceğine inanıyorum: I believe that Ahmet will return to this place.
    Ahmet'in buraya dönmesine inanıyorum: I believe Ahmet's return to this place. (It doesn't mean anything neither in English nor in Turkish)

But if you change the second sentence to:

Ahmet'in buraya dönmesine gerek kalmadı: There is no need for Ahmet's return to this place.

it becomes meaningful.

Here is another example:

Fenerbahçe'nin bu maçı kazanacağına inanıyorum: I believe Fenerbahçe will win this match.
    Fenerbahçe'nin bu maçı kazanması şampiyon olmasına yetmeyecek: The win of Fenerbahçe will not be enough to be the champion.

Last edited: