When to use the Subjective, Future, Potential Simple

Lancel0t

Philippines - Filipino/English
Guys need some help again. Can you please tell me when to use these three tenses the Subjective, Future and Potential? If possible please explain it in English so that I could understand it better. Thanks in advance. :)

• lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Hi Lancelot,
    Since yours is a grammar question and you want your replies in English, I'm going to move this thread to the English Only forum. I'm sure you will get better replies there.

Saludos,
    LN

Lancel0t

Philippines - Filipino/English
    lauranazario said:
    Hi Lancelot,
    Since yours is a grammar question and you want your replies in English, I'm going to move this thread to the English Only forum. I'm sure you will get better replies there.
    LN
    Thanks for doing it. Actually what I am asking is when to use those following tenses when conjugating those spanish verbs in the subjuntive mood, future and potential simple. I'm confused about its usuage.

cristóbal

EEUU/Inglés
    Well, simply speaking, future and conditional are used in more or less the same way they are in English. Will and would...
    Lo haré. (I will do it.)
    Lo haría. (I would do it.)

Subjunctive is a little more tricky, and has to do with (normally) situations in the future which are either unlikely or hypothetical.

I would suggest picking up any decent Spanish grammar book and it will tell you how to use these tenses and conjugate them much better than we could. You could just as easily find this info on the internet, I'm almost sure, but we can't really give you a whole course on these tenses by posting it on this board, that would be a little silly, don't you think?
    If you have questions during the course of studying this through the oodles of already written documentation, I'm sure anyone would be happy to help out, but when you say you need help with the tenses... well, we don't know what to tell you.

My mom always told me: "Look it up."

mjscott

American English
    Lance10t,
    Also, you wanted subjunctive, didn't you? Subjective is the case in which a noun stands--whether it is part of the subject or not
    (examp: he vs him--"he" is in the subjective case; "him" is in the objective case

< Previous | Next >