When you touch fire to it you make it explode

Fbohn21

Deutsch
Hello.

I am telling my little sister that it is dangerous to hold a match or a lighter to close to deodorant as it will explode.

When you touch a light to deodorant you male it explode.

I am wondering about “make it explode” and I think “you are making it explode” works as well.

• Uncle Jack

British English
    No. Use the simple present tense. When you use "when" to show that two things are simultaneous, you often need to use the continuous tense for the "background" one, but this does not apply when both events are sudden.

@ain'ttranslationfun?'s "will explode" is more emphatic, which is better in this situation.

Packard

USA, English
    Also warn her about aerosol sunscreen left in the sun. The warning makes you wonder why they would use aerosol for a sunscreen product.

Household Products Database - Health and Safety Information on Household Products

Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 deg C/122 deg F. Use of an enclosed storage area with easy access is recommended for aerosol containers. Appropriate fire suppression and detection equipment should be utilized.

< Previous | Next >