whenever during the period from X to Z each year

< Previous | Next >

LQZ

Mandarin
Dear all,

I am trying to translate a license. Could you please tell me whether the bold part in the following sentence sounds clumsy to your native ears? Thanks.

The corporation shall be inspected yearly by the registration institute, whenever during the period from Jan.1 to Apr. 30 each year.

• henrylee100

Russian
    I'm not a native but in case you might want to know, your phrase in bold doesn't make much sense to me, my best guess is that what you're trying to say is this
    The registration institute shall inspect (or perhaps audit) the corporation every year (on an annual basis) (with the annual inspections/audits being conducted) between January 1st and April 30th.

LQZ

Mandarin
    I'm not a native but in case you might want to know, your phrase in bold doesn't make much sense to me, my best guess is that what you're trying to say is this
    The registration institute shall inspect (or perhaps audit) the corporation every year (on an annual basis) (with the annual inspections/audits being conducted) between January 1st and April 30th.
    Yes, you are right. Thank you for your opinon. :)

< Previous | Next >