Where is 'thanks' or 'Like' button

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by QuangHai, Feb 18, 2013.

1. QuangHai Senior Member

Viet
    Hi there, I am a newbie here. In last couple of days, I have posted some questions in English only Forum. I got warmly help from people and would like to thank them by clicking 'thanks' or 'like' button rather than post a reply which may somehow spam the forum! How should I thank here?

2. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    There is no such button on this site, though it has been discussed. (If you go through this Comments and Suggestions forum, you will surely find some of those discussions.) The usual method of thanking people is to post a short reply, perhaps naming members whose posts you found particularly helpful. Such a reply is not considered spam.

3. Josey Wails

Josey Wails New Member

English - Texican
    How bizarre. So why are there "trophies" for having so many of your posts "liked"?

4. Peterdg

Peterdg Senior Member

Belgium
    Dutch - Belgium
    That feature has been turned off for the WRF forums. If I'm not mistaken, the trophy points in this forum are based only on the number of posts a user has made. They are not useful. They are there just because the software (Xenforo) provides them.

5. The Photographist

The Photographist Senior Member

Bolivia / Montana
    English - US
    I think the Like option is a good one for a site like this. I often find myself in agreement with what another member has posted, but the only way that I can express it (for the benefit of the OP and others) is to write a new post. If I have nothing to contribute other than agreement, it's a wasted post. The Like Post option changes that.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but the owner of another XenForo-based forum I frequent mentioned that since enabling the Like feature, the "useless" post count (and thereby, the server load) has gone down.