<which> has greatly enhanced my professional knowledge

< Previous | Next >

walkkker

Chinese
Context:
I also make full use of my time on school vacation to gain practical skills. I have completed a Java Development Engineer internship, mainly responsible for encoding modules and assisting in module testing, which has greatly enhanced my professional knowledge and skills in Java programming and software engineering. Through this internship, I believe I have the competence to take on relevant tasks in the future.
In the middle sentence, is the use of "which" correct, and does it refer to " I have completed a Java Development Engineer internship"?
Is there anything wrong with blue words?
Thanks.

• Hermione Golightly

British English
    Yes, 'which correctly refers to 'completed a Java Development Engineer internship'.
    The problem lies with the following phrase '..., mainly responsible for ... .' You need to decide what that phrase is modifying. Try using a relative clause instead, then ask separately about it. :) You might be better with two sentences.

walkkker

Chinese
    Yes, 'which correctly refers to 'completed a Java Development Engineer internship'.
    The problem lies with the following phrase '..., mainly responsible for ... .' You need to decide what that phrase is modifying. Try using a relative clause instead, then ask separately about it. :) You might be better with two sentences.
    Thanks for your reply.
    How about this? I changed the sentence into two sentences.
    Context:
    I also make full use of my time on school vacation to gain practical skills. I have completed a Java Development Engineer internship which is mainly responsible for encoding modules, assisting in module testing and quality management for different modules. This experience has greatly enhanced my professional knowledge and skills in Java programming and software engineering. Through this internship, I believe I have the competence to take on relevant tasks in the future.

Are they correct now?

< Previous | Next >