While I don't know & to stay untold

< Previous | Next >

Carvermilk

Italian
Hello!
I would like to use these expressions for a story I'm writing, but I don't know if they sound correct:

"The way you look at me while I don't know is magical"
I'd like to describe all the special moments when someone is looking at you 'secretly', cherishing you.

"Something happening that stays untold"
to say that a fact is not revealed?

Thanks! :)

• Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    I'm afraid "while I don't know" doesn't sound right to me. You can instead say "without my knowing it" .

But how is it magical if you really don't know that the person is looking at you? I guess you too take sneaky looks!:)

Carvermilk

Italian
    I'm afraid "while I don't know" doesn't sound right to me. You can instead say "without my knowing it" .

But how is it magical if you really don't know that the person is looking at you? I guess you too take sneaky looks!:)
    :D Yep...So, I can say that "The way you're looking at me is magical"

Carvermilk

Italian
    The normal idiomatic expression in the first case is without me/my knowing.

Unrevealed
    might work for the second case, but a full sentence might help to explain what you mean.
    Thank you!
    Concerning "stays untold", it's a conversation between a grandmother and her niece. The niece is confessing a friend's treason and the grandmother is trying to explain her that there are a lot of facts in life that have not necessary to be revealed.

She says: "Oh, don't worry, it's something happening that stays untold"

Carvermilk

Italian
    It might be more colloquial for Americans to say "The way you look at me when I don't know it is magical." (But any version leads me to wonder how this person can know it's magical if she never observes it.)
    Thank you RedwoodGrove, it's exactly what I mean!
    (yes, it's impossible but it's kind of...hope or pretend to know it...)

< Previous | Next >