While or when

Thomasage

Russian
Hey there,
Is there difference between when and while in meaning. For example these sentences:
1)Be carefull while/when crossing the street
2)I always get lost while/when seeing her
3)Do you see anything while/when wearing these glasses?

Thanks in advance

• lingobingo

English - England
    Of those examples, only 1) is something a native English-speaker would be likely to say. (I don’t even know what you mean by 2.)

Be careful when crossing the street :tick::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    — Out of context, this implies be careful whenever/every time you cross a street. But in context, it could refer to a particular instance and/or a particular street.

Be careful while crossing the street :tick:
    While always expresses duration, so this implies that you should take care when physically in the process of walking across the street

Ritwika

Bengali
    Of those examples, only 1) is something a native English-speaker would be likely to say. (I don’t even know what you mean by 2.)

Be careful when crossing the street :tick::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    — Out of context, this implies be careful whenever/every time you cross a street. But in context, it could refer to a particular instance and/or a particular street.

Be careful while crossing the street :tick:
    While always expresses duration, so this implies that you should take care when physically in the process of walking across the street
    Are the following sentences correct?
    Can you (at all) see anything with the/ those glasses on?
    I always seem to get lost when I see her (or when she is around)....[As if he is quite fond of her!]
    I will be glad if somebody replies and clarifies my doubt(s)!
    Thank you in advance

lingobingo

English - England
    This is a thread about while or when. To discuss anything else, you need to start your own thread. Sorry. :)