white label relationships

Popof

Japanese
Does any one knows what "white label relationships" means? Here is what I received by e-mail:

The question means do you have any white label relationships under yourself which you do not.
Please if anyone can explain, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

• Copyright

American English
    Well, the sentence doesn't make a lot of sense toward the end, i.e. "under yourself which you do not." (??)

Let me see if I can put this train on some sort of track: White label products are products that are manufactured by one company and sold to another company -- that company then puts their own label on them to sell to consumers (who imagine the product was made by this second company). Imagine that the Tide company sold their washing powder to Acme Company with a "white label" (no branding, no Tide logo). Acme then puts their own label on the products and sells it as Acme washing powder.

I would imagine that a "white label relationship" would be a business relationship that Acme has with Tide, for example. And perhaps with many other companies for many other products.

But this is speculation. You've given us context, but I don't understand it, so I tell you these things so you can decide if they're appropriate.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Popof

Japanese
    Thank you for the very quick reply Copyright! Yes I am pretty sure your explanation is appropriate. I should have given you the original sentence too. Here is the original sentence:

Please confirm if your company clears for other institutions allowing other institutions to conduct business and provide services to their clients through your institution w/o the expense of a physical presense? (Context:Financial institution)

I did not understand this question and I asked for clarification. But I did not understand what white label relationships means....lol

Thanks!

boozer

Bulgarian
    "The question means do you have any white label relationships under yourself, which you do not."
    If we put a comma after yourself, it would appear that the question is whether his company supplies white label products to anyone. Then it also appears that whoever is asking the question actually knows the answer - "which you do not", i.e. you do not have white label relationships.

Copyright's explanation of "white label" is excellent! :)

< Previous | Next >