who has been gradually readjusting to Singapore’s fast-paced

Saurabh

English-British, Hindi
Dear All,

Please find below paragraph taken from a short article in a magzine. I am afraid, not sure if I've understood the meaning of the blue part entirely :

Genevieve also explored other parts of Australia from Canberra. She took the train to Brisbane and drove to the Mornington Peninsula, near Melbourne. With a group of friends, Genevieve went snowboarding in Mt Kosciuszko and wine tasting in South Australia.

Being based in Canberra I was also able to dine in wonderful restaurants, in Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney,” said Genevieve, who has been gradually readjusting to Singapore’s fast-paced life after graduating.

These days, she enjoys outdoor activities such as golfing and bike riding “much more than before” and is planning for her next Australian holiday.

What does that mean ? What is meant by readjusting there? Does it mean Genevieve comes from Singapore? I know, she had gone for holidays in Australia, though.

Please help as I tried a lot to grasp the meaning but failed.

My opinion : I think : it means : she has completed her graduation and now been struggling to live Singapore's Fast life.

Regards,
Sau.

• Saurabh

English-British, Hindi
    Thank you, Copyright.

With a group of friends, Genevieve went snowboarding in Mt Kosciuszko and wine tasting in South Australia.
    Being based in Canberra I was also able to dine in wonderful restaurants, in Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney,” said Genevieve, who has been gradually readjusting to Singapore’s fast-paced life after graduating.
    These days, she enjoys outdoor activities such as golfing and bike riding “much more than before” and is planning for her next Australian holiday.

Please explain the meaning of sentence in blue.

PS: Sorry, forgot the name of the Magzine.

Copyright

American English
    It's a little confusing ... Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney have a more relaxed lifestyle than Singapore, so I'm guessing that in addition to dining in wonderful restaurants while she was there as a student, she also enjoyed golf and bike-riding. Now that she has returned to Singapore, she's enjoying the outdoor activities that she picked up in Australia, as well as readjusting to Singapore's faster-paced lifestyle.

< Previous | Next >