Will you marry me?

jancho

Czech
Hello.

How would you say "Will you marry me?" in Polish?

It is a question a man ask a woman, when he would like to marry her.

I have only found a related topic, in which people discuss asking her parents about her hand.

suggestion: Wyjdziesz za mnie?

Thank you.

• .Jordi.

polonès
    I think that Wyjdziesz za mnie? is OK, but I don't have any experience in this matter, so you may like to wait for someone who is already married and who knows better the terminology.

Last edited:

przemo84

Hello.

How would you say "Will you marry me?" in Polish?

It is a question a man ask a woman, when he would like to marry her.

I have only found a related topic, in which people discuss asking her parents about her hand.

suggestion: Wyjdziesz za mnie?

Thank you.

The suggestion Wyjdziesz za mnie? is the best option.

NotNow_, we almost always omit czy in questions, except very formal.

fragile1

It could be form another hand: zostaniesz (zostań) moją żoną? (be my wife)
    But there were plenty od men, which couldn't find words they worked for them in that matter.
    Good luck!

I think that Czy wyjdziesz za mnie? is just a point of departure. To my way of thinking, this question - undoubtedly one of the most important ones in your life - is quite personal, and thus you can personalize it in any way you like. I, for instance, would prefer something like Imię (ewentualnie "Moja droga" czy coś w tym stylu), czy uczynisz mi ten honor i wyjdziesz za mnie, which means Name (optionally "My dear" or soemthing like that), would you do me the honor and marry me?.

fragile1

A Middle-Age Knight is much better than a mucho: hajtniesz sie ze mną?
    I agree whith Majlo.
    There are so many situations and people, there to find suitable words, right words, which somebody can accept or expect is hard to predict.

audiolaik

Polish
    A Middle-Age Knight is much better than a mucho: hajtniesz sie ze mną?

The fact that somebody doesn't want to sound pompous and obsolete doesn't mean that they ought to be considered to be an I-am-proud-of-my-tracksuit type of guy. I'm far from using hajtniesz się ze mną....very far....If I were a woman, and my husband-to-be used such a phrase, I would definitely say NO!!!. To me, the most common is "wjdziesz za mnie?"