willingness to help vs caring

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would please ask you which of the expressions in bold is correct in the following (it is the closing of a letter):
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your willingness to help/caring and good maternity.
Kind Regards,

• marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    Thank you for your (generous) help.

(I have no idea what you mean by "caring" and "maternity".:))
    Thank velisarius. Would you suggest omitting willingness to before help? With good maternity, I meant to wish her have a good maternity period since she has just had a baby.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    We don't talk about "a maternity period". (I think you already have another thread where some suggestions were made for wishes to a new mother.)

If this lady helped you, she was more than just "willing" to help - she did in fact help you. If you like, you can say "Thank you for being so willing to help."

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    We don't talk about "a maternity period". (I think you already have another thread where some suggestions were made for wishes to a new mother.)

If this lady helped you, she was more than just "willing" to help - she did in fact help you. If you like, you can say "Thank you for being so willing to help."
    Thank you, velisarius. Actually, I am asking her a favour, she has not yet helped me. I am thanking her, presuming that she will help me.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Actually, I am asking her a favour, she has not yet helped me. I am thanking her, presuming that she will help me.
    We can help you better if you give us the entire context. To be clear: you have asked her to do you a favor, but she has not done it yet. Has she told you that she will do it?

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    We can help you better if you give us the entire context. To be clear: you have asked her to do you a favor, but she has not done it yet. Has she told you that she will do it?
    Hi Florentia52, and thank you for your reply. No, she has not, but I am very confident that she will do her best to try to do me the favor, thanks to our friendship.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >