Winter Break is Coming!

haiderjaleel92

Arabic
Hello Everybody,

Could you please give me your suggestions with the best translation for this phrase into Arabic :

Winter Break is Coming!!

It is a flayer to the families from the school give them some directions to follow to keep their kids in touch with their school subjects while they are in the holiday .

Thanks,

• lukebeadgcf

English – US
    Hello Everybody,

Could you please give me your suggestions with the best translation for this phrase into Arabic :

Winter Break is Coming!!

It is a flayer to the families from the school give them some directions to follow to keep their kids in touch with their school subjects while they are in the holiday .

Thanks,

تأتي عطلة الشتاء !!

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    تأتي عطلة الشتاء !!
    That's far too dry!
    I'm sure we have plenty of nice things to say in Egypt but I can't seem to think of any (which is strange) and most would probably involve summer too...
    Till someone gives us a nice 'school's out!' equivalent let's try some improvised expressions:
    أهلاً بالأجازة الشتويّة!

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Or اقتربت عطلة الشتاء.

By the way, تأتي عطلة الشتاء isn't just "too dry"; it doesn't work because it means "winter break comes" (so it's an incomplete thought).

Ghabi

AL/OL/Ar/Zh mod
    Cantonese
    By the way, تأتي عطلة الشتاء isn't just "too dry"; it doesn't work because it means "winter break comes" (so it's an incomplete thought).
    You mean the phrase won't be construed as "winter break is coming" in any context, right?

thelastchoice

Arabic S.A.
    You mean the phrase won't be construed as "winter break is coming" in any context, right?
    They way you wrote it is considered incomplete in Arabic as Elroy said.
    You can say: تأتي عطلة الشتاء قريباً Winter break is coming soon.

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    In hindsight, wouldn't it be acceptable to title something with:
    و تبدأ المهمّة
    و تدور الأيّام
    و تأتي عطلة الشتاء
    ?
    They sound a bit ominous, but those seem to be 'complete' when we add the
    و
    despite being grammatically incomplete!

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    تأتي عطلة الشتاء is grammatically a complete sentence جملة تامة فيها فعل (تأتي) وفاعل (عطلة) it's just that we don't use it by itself to say that the break is coming. Besides, it means "winter break comes". Which doesn't hold the same sense as "is coming".

< Previous | Next >