with a level of energy and smarts

Michael30000

Russian
Hello everyone,

From the book Thank You for Being Late by Thomas Friedman.

At the national and local levels, we need a leadership that can promote inclusion and adaptation—a leadership that starts every day asking, “What world am I living in? And how do I engage in the relentless pursuit of the best practices with a level of energy and smarts commensurate with the magnitude of the challenges and the opportunities in this age of accelerations?” It is also a leadership that trusts the people with the truth about this moment: that just working hard and play-ing by the rules won’t suffice anymore to produce a decent life.

What does "with a level of energy and smarts" refer to: engage or the best practices?

Thank you.

• Barque

Tamil
    What does "with a level of energy and smarts" refer to: engage or the best practices?
    Engage.
    And how do I engage in the relentless pursuit of the best practices with a level of energy and smarts commensurate with the magnitude of the challenges and the opportunities in this age of accelerations?
    Read it with the brackets: And how do I [engage in the relentless pursuit of the best practices] with a level of energy and smarts [that is] commensurate with the magnitude of the challenges and the opportunities in this age of accelerations?

< Previous | Next >