with accompany of typical clinical symptoms

Cuandolasfloresseabren

Español
Hello!

I am editing a medical text written by a non-native speaker and I am not sure the best correction here for "accompany". The sentence goes:

"The severity of OSAS was categorized into three degrees: mild with an AHI ≥5/h and <15/h with accompany of typical clinical symptoms..."

I thought of "accompanied by" but I believe the following option is more accurate for a medical text:

"The severity of OSAS was categorized into three degrees: mild with an AHI ≥5/h and <15/h with concurrent typical clinical symptoms..."

What do you think?

• Dretagoto

Inglés británico
    That could work, but if you just tweak the original to "with accompanying" instead of "with accompany of" then I think that works well also.

Perhaps others might feel differently, but I'd prefer accompanying, because concurrent only means at the same time, whereas accompanying is more specifically/directly related to the condition being talked about.

ChemaSaltasebes

Spanish - Spain
    Concurrent sounds perfect here. Además de lo ya sugerido, también podrías obviar el verbo; con síntomas... (with typical clinical symptoms [features/manifestations/signs]).

< Previous | Next >