• cfu507

Hebrew
    Yes Loob.

"maybe someday you will be a Frenchwoman with all it implies"

That's all what I have

Trisia

Romanian
    Hi, cfu507.

I suppose it means she will someday have all the characteristics of a Frenchwoman (whatever they may be)

If I tell someone she is a lady, with all the word implies, I would probably mean that she has fine manners, acts and moves with grace, is well-educated, etc. (basically, everything I consider a lady should be like).

cfu507

Hebrew
    Thank you Trisia,

Your example was helpful.
    1. Can I say: "maybe someday you will be a Frenchwoman with all the word implies"?
    2. Would it be preferable to my original sentence?

Trisia

Romanian
    Actually, I think it should have been "with all that the word implies." And I would honestly prefer something such as "in the full sense of the word."

I'm not familiar with this expression and/or its usage, I only tried to interpret it...

(So it would be a good idea to wait for better answers :D)

cfu507

Hebrew
    Actually, I think it should have been "with all that the word implies." And I would honestly prefer something such as "in the full sense of the word."

I'm not familiar with this expression and/or its usage, I only tried to interpret it...

(So it would be a good idea to wait for better answers :D)
    Thanks for your help!

nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Yes Loob.

"maybe someday you will be a Frenchwoman with all it implies"

That's all what I have
    I wonder...........I am more familiar with "all that implies".

I must confess that I sense some "tone" in this sentence, it seems to refer not only to the positive traits, but also the negative ones, and probably more on the negative ones, I must say. Or at the very least, I think it's used in a humorous way, like this:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE1D8173AF930A15757C0A96F948260

But I am not ruling out the possibility of a neutral tone, I am just thinking out loud :D

< Previous | Next >