with economical operation

translation lover

Arabic
Hi, I am working on a file for Vertu Lighting, a light fittings company. Did they use the part in bold correctly here? Or is there another equivalent?

Through using Vertu Lighting for lighting solutions we are able to provide energy efficient lighting which miniumises operating costs through the use of LED and other energy efficient light sources. Overall balancing the correct level of illumination with economical operation.

Thank you

• akhooha

English - USA
    The part in bold is correct, but the sentence is not a complete sentence.
    Maybe they meant to say:
    "Overall balancing results in the correct level of illumination with economical operation."
    or
    "Overall balancing provides the correct level of illumination with economical operation."

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I agree that the sentence is incomplete. I don't think akhooha's interpretation is impossible, but I read the intended meaning differently; I think they are trying to balance two possibly opposed things, the need for the correct level of illumination and economical operation.

[Through using Vertu Lighting for lighting solutions we are able to provide energy efficient lighting,] overall balancing the correct level of illumination with economical operation.

(I would have a comma after 'overall' or reverse the order 'balancing overall the correct ....')

That's how I read it. I am not claiming that it is well-written, if I am right about the intended meaning.

< Previous | Next >