with its own competition in UAE Rugby's Domestic Fixture

translation lover

Arabic
Hi,I am working on a file for "Eden Park" the fashion brand, but I couldn't understand what they mean by the last sentence.
N.B: 7-a-side is another name of Rugby 7's Series.

"Eden Park is well known and highly regarded in the world of Rugby and we are pleased to announce our sponsorship with them today" said UAE Rugby Federation Chairman Mohammed Falaknaz. "We are particularly delighted to have their support and passion behind our new initiative, UAE Rugby Eden Park Rugby 7's Series, which has been developed to provide the popular 7-a-side format with its own competition in UAE Rugby's Domestic Fixture.

Thank you

• se16teddy

English - England
    Domestic is often used as an antonym of international, and I suppose that UAE Rugby has domestic fixtures in the UAE and international fixtures with teams from outside the UAE.

Having said that, I don't really understand the sentence; but fashion writing is not expected to have any logic in it.

Last edited:

se16teddy

English - England
    In sports writing a fixture is a game, not a schedule of games (a fixture list); but, translation lover, you can't necessarily expect your author to know that.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >