With morning eyes

• Loob

English UK
    Hi Natsuna

Oh, I just meant that, as it was now morning, my eyes were less tired than they had been when I was reading the thread the night before.

It's not a set phrase - don't quote me!:D

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    Hi Netsuna

Oh, I just meant that, as it was now morning, my eyes were less tired than they had been when I was reading the thread the night before.

It's not a set phrase - don't quote me!:D
    Looks like these days one has to be very careful with what he/she is posting on the Internet:cool:
    Definitely! As I would assume morning eyes are bleary ones encrusted with sleepy dust :D

Loob

English UK
    I googled and found that 99% of hits for "morning eyes" used it in Franco-filly's sense :oops::(.

And then I found this Steinbeck quote (my bolding)
    So much there is to see, but our morning eyes describe a different world than do our afternoon eyes, and surely our wearied evening eyes can report only a weary evening world.
    Phew - I Am Not Alone!

FoolishQuestions

Banned
    Nepalese: Nepal
    Thank you, Loob, I have learnt a new usage of "phew" here after reading your post :idea: and then looking it up in the OALD. Earlier I believed 'phew' was always used in a negative sense, but the OALD says it's also used when somebody is happy that something bad has ended. Phew, my misconception is gone! :thumbsup::):cool:

Last edited: