wogs...

• esperanza2

English
    Well put maxiogee - I'm not sure this thread is entirely appropriate.

I think you may have misunderstood. I'm trying to seek an equivalent to a term in another language, and not looking fo racist terms on purpose. I want to know if other terms exist in English to describe North africans, that's all. Purely language based!

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    I'm looking for a list of offensive terms for North Africans in addition to the above.

Thanks for telling us what you are looking for.

I've never asked a North African what terms they find offensive, so I'm afraid I cannot be of much help. This is an English forum, and I'm not aware of any English speaking countries in North Africa. Have you tried Berber forums or Arabic forums?

You might try using a search engine, if that's not too offensive.

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    I think you may have misunderstood. I'm trying to seek an equivalent to a term in another language, and not looking fo racist terms on purpose. I want to know if other terms exist in English to describe North africans, that's all. Purely language based!

You might be best advised to post your term in whichever language it is, in the appropriate forum — i.e. if the expression "xyz" is French, then post in the French/English forum.

esperanza2

English
    You might be best advised to post your term in whichever language it is, in the appropriate forum — i.e. if the expression "xyz" is French, then post in the French/English forum.

I've already done that, but thought it a better idea to actually find synonyms in English.

. 1

Banned
    Australian Australia
    North Africa seems to be a pretty big place and I would assume that there are many different ethnic groups living there so I doubt that there is a term that insults everybody.

My wife calls herself a wog but she is from Yugoslavia.

MrPedantic

UK, English
    It seems to me that someone with a genuine scholarly interest in these things would have approached the subject very differently.

I'm inclined to smell a rat.

MrP