woman' moan

< Previous | Next >
  • cycloneviv

English - Australia
    Hi easychen,

As cropje_jnr has said, there is no particular word to describe a woman's moan while making love.

Both men and women can "moan in bed". They might do that while making love, but sometimes people just moan in their sleep, and that could also be described as "moaning in bed". I can also imagine someone injured lying in pain and "moaning in bed".

Can you give us some (necessary and required by the forum rules) context? How would you want to use this term? Can you give us a sentence in which you would use it?

Last edited:

Salvage

USA English
    I agree that attaching the moans to the location (moans in bed) is weak and non-specific. You need an additional word which captures what you are trying to describe. "Moans of pleasure, moans of satisfaction" are fairly standard expressions.

Nymeria

English - Barbadian/British/educated in US universities blend
    I agree that attaching the moans to the location (moans in bed) is weak and non-specific. You need an additional word which captures what you are trying to describe. "Moans of pleasure, moans of satisfaction" are fairly standard expressions.
    Moans of disappointment...

AngelEyes

English - United States
    A woman would make a high-pitched gasp or moan. She might keen, too.

I can't imagine a guy keening. :eek:

Maybe she'd make something like dainty pants of breathless air.

The clue to the difference between male and female is the tone or pitch. They both make sounds. One is higher than the other. Pick your sound and then feminize it.

While a man would make gutteral sounds, a woman would rhythmically sigh.

I'm not saying a woman couldn't sound like a truckdriver, but if you want to express the feminine touch, you have to specifically choose softer words.

Nymeria, this was great. :D
    Moans of disappointment...

AngelEyes

easychen

Chinese
    I don't see why "moans of disappointment" made Salvage laugh and Angeleyes so happy.Can someone please explain it to me?

AngelEyes

English - United States
    Usually a woman moans in pleasure because she feels good.

If she's moaning in disappointment while making love...that's not so good.

The point of this thread is geared toward having fun. Nymeria's comment is pointed in the opposite direction. That's what's so funny.

I equate the sound of disappointment with a groan, not a moan. Both work, though.

AngelEyes

easychen

Chinese
    Hi AngelEyes,
    Thank you for breaking that to me. I guessed it as "the opposite sex is not so good in bed", and just wanted someone to confirm it.:D

< Previous | Next >