Women's Australian rules football

Polipetto

italian
Salve a tutti. Can you translate please the word "rules" of this epression?

I try: "Football australiano" but I can't understand the meaning of "rules".

Ovviamente siamo in un contesto sportivo e parliamo di uno degli sport nazionali australiani.. but why "rules"?

Thanks!:)

• Paulfromitaly

Italian
    Salve a tutti. Can you translate please the word "rules" of this epression?

I try: "Football australiano" but I can't understand the meaning of "rules".

Ovviamente siamo in un contesto sportivo e parliamo di uno degli sport nazionali australiani.. but why "rules"?

Thanks!:)

Perchè secomdo te non esistono le regole del gioco?

Polipetto

italian
    Ok, grazie comunque continuo a non capire la traduzione di rules.
    Dovrebbe essere quindi "Football australiano con regole femminili"?
    Grazie ancora ma volevo capire l'uso di rules in questo contesto.

aussierules

English - US
    I'm sorry that I don't understand Italian but I did read it via google translate.

The "Rules" in Australian Rules Football goes to back to when the code was developed around 1856. At that time, the various football codes weren't as firmly established as they are today. So Australian Rules just refers to the rules for playing the game. You have Association Football, Rugby, Australian Rules, and American Football (Gridiron) as the major codes.

Women's Australian Rules Football simply refers to leagues, etc in which women play. There have been women's leagues in Australian since 1981 and we started playing in the United States in 2003. We don't play with any rule differences from the men. There are currently women's teams playing in the Australia, PNG, United States, Canada, Ireland, and Italy.

For more information on Women's Australian Rules Football, visit womensfooty dot com (sorry but I can't post a url)

< Previous | Next >