[Word] begins with [letter]

Dodgit

English
Hi,

I have a series of advertising slogans using basically the same idea. Say the name of the manufacturer begins with the letter K and it wants to be seen as reliable - the slogan would be:

Reliability begins with a K

My question is, could this work in Korean? If so, would it be as simple as saying:

신뢰성은 K로 시작됩니다

or

신뢰성은 공로 시작됩니다?

Thanks (and sorry if it's a silly question!)

• boomluck

Korean
    Reliability begins with a K

My question is, could this work in Korean? If so, would it be as simple as saying:

신뢰성은 K로 시작됩니다
    I am not sure what 공 means there in the second sentence, but the English sentence and Korean translation seem right.

Dodgit

English
    Thanks very much. The 공 was supposed to be the first character of the Korean nane and so correspond to the K (the first letter of the English name) in the first sentence. Does that work?

boomluck

Korean
    Thanks very much. The 공 was supposed to be the first character of the Korean nane and so correspond to the K (the first letter of the English name) in the first sentence. Does that work?
    oh, in that case, just be careful with the post-position, which is the 로.

If the name doesn't have a final consonant, we use 로.
    But if the name has a final consonant, we use 으로. Except for ㄹ.

신뢰성은 마음으로 시작됩니다.
    신뢰성은 소리로 시작됩니다.
    신뢰성은 마을로 시작됩니다. (The exception. 마을으로 x)
    신뢰성은 멋으로 시작됩니다.

As I was writing the examples, I kind of had the feeling that 로 or 으로 wouldn't work for some nouns. The post-position should change depending on which noun is used.

< Previous | Next >