word or phrase to express 'you were not thinking well'..

c0stello

India-Tamil & English
hi..pls help me with some suggestions..I am not a native speaker,so phrases that native speakers normally use is appreciated..
I need to describe a state u would say 'I wasnt "thinking well"(like u normally used to)
for eg:'I wasnt "thinking well" then because I had just got up from bed.'
Is it alright to use 'straight instead of 'thinking well'..?

• JamesM

Hello, cOstello, and welcome to the forum.

"I wasn't thinking clearly" would be the way I would probably say it. I've also heard "I wasn't thinking straight".

(Please note that "u" is not a word in English; it's "you". Please do your best to use standard English on the forum.)

What about:

"I wasn't lucid."

You could also use "thinking straight," or "thinking clearly," as others have said. You could even say "My mind was foggy," or "I was confused."

There are many ways to express that idea in English.

Last edited:

Kumpel

British English
    Hi,
    Please
    help me with some suggestions. I am not a native speaker, so phrases that native speakers normally use would be appreciated.
    I need to describe a way (?) you would say 'I wasn't "thinking well" (like you normally used to) [for example]/[e.g.] 'I wasn't "thinking well" then because I had just got up from bed.'
    Is it alright to use 'straight' instead of 'thinking well'?
    Sorry to just correct you, but correct punctuation and grammar are mandatory in WR forums. I understand that you're not a native, so the grammar part won't necessarily be as easy, but do your best, as I'm sure you will.

Lloyd

< Previous | Next >