words fail me

Tombbb

Polish
I’d like to ask you how I can express my total dissatisfaction or lack of hope in case when I’ve explained something to somebody many times but they still make the same mistakes or when we have some expectations that our team will win but it loses horribly again.

I’ve found an idiom: ‘words fail me’ but I’m not so sure whether it is correct because I’m not so much interested in stressing my problem with expressing my words but rather the fact that somebody messed something up.

Thank you a lot for any help.

• Hermione Golightly

British English
    It would mean that you have no idea what more you can say to make this person's performance satisfactory. You are at a loss for words to express your dissatisfaction. It seems to me an appropriate idiom to express total exasperation.

Tombbb

Polish
    "Words fail me" could express any number of things in addition to exasperation. Perhaps something like "I'm at my wits' end" would be better.
    "I'm at my wits' end" as far as I know means to reach one's limit or to have no idea what to do but I'd like something more passive for example you watch a match and you can't do anything about the fact that your team is playing very badly. What I need is closer to 'I have enough' or 'I give up', but I have an impression that there might be a more accurate phrase.

Tombbb

Polish
    It would mean that you have no idea what more you can say to make this person's performance satisfactory. You are at a loss for words to express your dissatisfaction. It seems to me an appropriate idiom to express total exasperation.
    The problem is that sometimes I have no influence on a given situation and I can't talk to somebody, for example, you watch a football match and you are really disappointed. I'm looking for something closer to 'I have enough'. Of course, I know that it sounds quite enigmatic.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    I couldn't apply "I'm at my wits' end" to either of the situations described, unless a lot depends on my finding a solution to the (extremely serious and urgent) problem.

I might say: It's useless. I give up!