words related to kidnaping

< Previous | Next >

colombian boy

colombia, español
Hi everybody!
today i need your help with some vocabulary related to kidnapings, murders and things like that, slang also counts.
thanks too much!
bye!
Eg. ICU, BOBBY, BURGLARS...

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Greetings Columbian Boy,

Your post is a request for a word list. You can find words about kidnapping by using a search engine to find newspaper articles about kidnapping. This is a discussion forum, not a place to collect word lists.

The examples you have given, ICU, and Burglars, have nothing to do with kidnapping.

Please review the forum rules in FAQ, at the top left of the screen.

thanks,
    Cuchuflete

colombian boy said:
    Hi everybody!
    today i need your help with some vocabulary related to kidnapings, murders and things like that, slang also counts.
    thanks too much!
    bye!
    Eg. ICU, BOBBY, BURGLARS...
    We say "kidnapping". However, as a common practice, I looked this up and also found "kidnaping" but I have never seen that in the U.S. It could be a British spelling.

Drei

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Kidnaping is not a BE spelling.
    It is an error.
    So is kidnapping.
    Kidnaping is a spelling error.
    Kidnapping is a crime, but at least it is spelt correctly.

panjandrum said:
    Kidnaping is not a BE spelling.
    It is an error.
    So is kidnapping.
    Kidnaping is a spelling error.
    Kidnapping is a crime, but at least it is spelt correctly.
    panjandrum,
    Although I use "kidnapping" exclusively, I did see "kidnaping" as an alternative spelling in Merriam-Webster's. However, I must admit that this spelling strikes me as odd. :)

p.s. I also cannot stand "attendee" because it is so counterintuitive. That is why I posted my question regarding this. ;)

Drei

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Kidnaping sounds like it means shaving the hairs on the neck of a young goat.... though why one would wish to do this is beyond me, but people who associate with goats are very strange people and I would put nothing beyond them.
    My new (and wondrously shiny) copy of Collins English Dictionary gives kidnaping, kidnaped and kidnaper as US variants.

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    If my kids used such variants, I'd send them to Dublin for elocution lessons. Kidnaping is not used in these parts, any more than sheep diping.

< Previous | Next >