work experience (résumé)

Baptiste86

Français
Good evening everyone,

I am a young graduate currently writing his resume. In the section "Work experience", I would like to express in a concise way that during my end-of-term internship I was an assistant of (or to?) a market researchers team and supported them in their daily tasks. Would the following suit ?

End-of-term internship, assistant of a market researchers team, my tasks included :
  • ...;
  • ... .

Is there another word that would fit better than tasks? Duties or responsibilities?
Do we say assistant to or of ?

I know that my question can sound trivial but I lack practice of the English language... and the resume will be read by native speakers - being fluent in English is not a preriquisite for the job though.

Thanks in advance :)

• wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    Hello Baptiste86, and welcome to our Forum!

Let's start with what you are saying in your CV in French; that will put us on the right track...

Baptiste86

Français
    Bonjour,

Pour l'écriture de la partie "Expériences professionnelles" de mon CV, je cherche à exprimer de façon concise que, lors de mon stage de fin d'études, j'ai été l'assistant d'une équipe d'analystes de marché (il s'agit de marketing et non pas de finance). Je vous propose :

Company XYZ
    End-of-term internship, assistant of a market researchers team, my tasks included :

• ... ;
    • ... ;
    • ... .
    Je me demandais si l'utilisation des différents mots était correcte ; si on employait of ou to après assistant et si tasks était correct pour désigner les tâches d'un assistant stagiaire.

Merci :)

Uncle Bob

British English
    The preposition rather depends on how integrated you were with the team. If you were fully integrated (shared the jobs) then you could use "assistant with" ("assistant" then appearing as a post/position in the team) otherwise "assistant to". ("Assistant for" isn't wrong but sounds like some sort of servant.)

PS I think either "market research team" or "team of market researchers" would be better.

Nicomon

Langue française ♀
    I would do it like this...

Company XYZ

Assistant to a team of Market Resarch Analysts .......... Month–Month+Year (End-of-Term Internship)

Main responsibilities:

Last edited:

AmaryllisBunny

English (AmE)
    Are you applying to an American company or … ? Because the American résumé tends to follow the following format:

Company_________________________________City, State OR City, Country
    Job Title__________________________________Year–Year (of employment) OR Month+Year–Month+Year (of employment)
    Generated account statements for …
    Researched public equities in …​

The descriptions/responsibilities do not tend to start with titles/jobs (e.g., secretary to the CEO), and since they are missing the third-person subject (e.g., < Your Name > ), they do not need to be concluded with periods.

Nicomon

Langue française ♀
    AB a raison. J'ai édité mon post.

Je ne mettrais pas de points non plus au bout de chaque ligne de description (mais à mon avis, ce ne serait pas fautif de le faire)

Et le titre - Main responsibilities - est factultatif.