Would you like to be friends?

Laetitia84

France, French
Hello, could someone please help me with some russian! Thank-you soo much!:

'Hello! My name is Laetitia. I read your profile and you sound like a very nice person to make friends with......would you like to be friends? I hope so! Well i guess i'll talk to you soon! Bye!'

• martinemussies

the Netherlands ~ Dutch.
    Hi Laetitia !!

Hello = привет
    My name is ... = Меня зовут...
    Bye = до свидания

That's a very useful phrase you've got here... but too difficult for me at this time :(
    Hope for some natives to help us! :) до свидания, Martine.

Ralf

German
    Hello Laetitia.

Here is my suggestion (alternatives and comments in blue). Please note, I'm not a native Russian speaker. So my version might sound a bit "stiff" to native ears, but I think it is at least understandable.

Привет! Меня зовут Лэтижиа (not sure about the correct Russian spelling of your name). Я читала твой профиль (alternatively for the underlined phrase: твоё представление or твоё описание- since I'm not sure if "профиль" is used the same way as profile in English) и мне кажется, что ты очень приятный человек (alternatively for the underlined part …, и как кажется, ты очень приятный человек), с кому я хотела бы стать друзьями. Я надеюсь, что ты тоже хочешь подружиться со мной. Думаю, что я буду давать знать обо мне в скором времени. Пока!

For better legebility--the same without my comments:

Привет! Меня зовут Лэтижиа. Я читала твоей профиль и мне кажется, что ты очень приятный человек, с кому я хотела бы стать друзьями. Я надеюсь, что ты тоже хочешь подружиться со мной. Думаю, что я буду давать знать обо мне в скором времени. Пока!

Please wait for the natives to comment on this. ;)

Hope I could help a bit.

Ralf

Jana337

čeština
    Ralf, your Russian is m a r v e l o u s! Not that I am in position to judge it, but oh well. ;)
    I checked in other vBulletin-powered Russian forums: профиль should be fine. But there is something that I cannot reconcile with my Slavic grammar feeling:
    Я читала твоего профиль :cross:
    Я читала твой профиль :tick:
    I may well be wrong, but a genitive after "to read"...?
    твоего could be an accusative as well, but not for animate nouns.
    Moreover, it would be твоего профиля anyway.

What I wrote is based on Czech, so bear with me. :)

Jana

MindStorm

Russia, russian
    Well, i'll try my best.. I'm not sure about the name and there are several constructions that are difficult to convert to russian but anyway, here it goes:

Привет! Меня зовут <name>. Я прочитала твой профиль, и, похоже, с тобой очень приятно дружить. Хочешь, чтобы мы стали друзьями? Очень надеюсь на это. Думаю, что скоро напишу тебе. Пока!

somebody who is more confident than me, please, write the name.
    It is a bit staright, and sounds a little stupid. But if I were russian, I would have understood this sentence.

oh, what am I saying?! I'm russian..

Ralf

German
    Jana337 said:
    ... I may well be wrong, but a genitive after "to read"...?
    твоего could be an accusative as well, but not for animate nouns....
    Stupid mistake :eek: ! It is definitely the accusative (therefore the ending of the noun). I simply mixed up the declination of pronouns with respect to animate or inanimate nouns, respectively. So you are right on the target. Besides, MindStorm has already confirmed your opinion. I'm going to correct my post. (By the way, presently I'm desperately trying to reanimate what has been left of my knowledge of Russian. Unfortunately only fragments of it manage to surface from the depths of my memory ;).)

Many thanks for your correction.

Ralf

Jana337

čeština
    Ralf said:
    Stupid mistake :eek: ! It is definitely the accusative (therefore the ending of the noun). I simply mixed up the declination of pronouns with respect to animate or inanimate nouns, respectively. So you are right on the target. Besides, MindStorm has already confirmed your opinion. I'm going to correct my post. (By the way, presently I'm desperately trying to reanimate what has been left of my knowledge of Russian. Unfortunately only fragments of it manage to surface from the depths of my memory ;).)

Many thanks for your correction.

Ralf
    Anyway, it is amazing that you get the Slavic cases right (most of the time, at least). It must be excruciatingly difficult for non-natives. Doffing my hat!

Jana

smorodina

UK
    Russian
    Летиcия - that's how I'd translate your name. Летиция could do as well, although the first one sounds more pleasant to my ear.

As for "I read your profile", Jana and MindStorm are both right. But should we wanted to take it to an advanced level, we would say "Я прочла твою анкету".

Regards,

MindStorm

Russia, russian
    Да-да, подколол( a )=)) (профайл смотреть лень ) =)). ну ничего, мы себя еще покажем ))

martinemussies

the Netherlands ~ Dutch.
    MindStorm said:
    Да-да, подколол( a )=)) (профайл смотреть лень ) =)). ну ничего, мы себя еще покажем ))

Nje panimala... :confused: do you mean that you are lazy or look lazy?