Write-ons

EXPRESSions

US, English
I'm looking for the French equivalent of "write ons" (as compared to "write offs") in accounting and project management. A colleague came to me for help and I couldn't answer her.

The context is a document about a performance management system that stipulates that the manager should "Achieve Project Management (write ons) Target" of 10% annually, beyond their fixed objectives. As far as I understand the term from my net research, it refers to unexpected additional profits from a project based on efficient project management that results in savings on costs.

Are there any native francophones with accounting/project management experience who could offer an appropriate term?

Thanks to all in advance,

H

• demon001

French, English(USA)
    We would need the actual sentence in French as a "write-off" is the reduction of the value of an asset by prorating its cost over a period of years or taking its value off the books and taking the value/cost as a loss. "write off" does not appear to have an antonym.

EXPRESSions

US, English
    Perhaps I was not clear. The translation is from English to French.

The sentence is incomplete because it is part of a bullet list of performance objectives for project managers. All I have is what was provided in quotes in the original post.

A "write on" is indeed the antonym (in accounting terms) of a "write off" (radiation d'une perte). It is an additional amount beyond the profits that were budgeted for a given project. A good project manager is supposed to be able to identify savings opportunities at every step of the project and generate "write ons", which (in the case of the document in question) should add up to 10% additional profits on the project.

Thanks again for you interest and help.

< Previous | Next >