writing down everything...or review<ing>...

< Previous | Next >

GigiBeans

English - American
Coleman suggests writing down everything you spend or reviewing your debit card spending regularly so you can track where your money is going.

Coleman suggests writing down everything you spend or review your debit card spending regularly so you can track where your money is going.

• NUPUR

Hindi - India
    First one is correct in my opinion, there should be parallelism in sentence. as writing has been used before so reviewing will be correct, according to rule of parallelism, I guess.

I might be wrong.

GigiBeans

English - American
    I agree, but another editor changed it to "review." The other editor is a stickler, so I'm going to have to explain why I didn't make the change.

Copyright

American English
    I agree, but another editor changed it to "review." The other editor is a stickler, so I'm going to have to explain why I didn't make the change.
    Just use Nupur's explanation ... and tell the other editor I agree with him. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    I agree with NUPUR except for "I might be wrong". NUPUR hits the nail on the head: the sentence requires the parallelism of "-ing ... -ing".

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    "I may be wrong" is grammatically perfect, and appropriate when there is reason for doubt.
    I only meant to say that, in this case, there is no reason to doubt: you are absolutely right!

< Previous | Next >