writing university address [English format]

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Dautima, Oct 24, 2010.

  1. Dautima

    Dautima Member

    Persian, English
    Hi my friends,
    I want to send a parcel to some universities outside the country. I am not sure if the address is correct in English format.I have not the name of the contact person for some of them. so I wrote the add in this way. would you please tell me if the format is coorect in english?

    Head of ....... University

    Address: ...................................

    Thanks in advance
  2. natkretep

    natkretep Moderato con anima (English Only)

    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    Try to get the title correct. 'Head' is the term normally used to describe the person at the helm of a department. The person helming a university might be a Vice-Chancellor or Rector or President.
  3. Dautima

    Dautima Member

    Persian, English
    is it correct to write dean of instead head?
  4. sdgraham

    sdgraham Senior Member

    Oregon, USA
    USA English
    No. The answer is the same as natkretep's previous post.

    What do you mean by "parcel?" I hope it's something innocuous, but in today's world, packages, even with a precise address can be very suspicious.

    I suspect that you really want to route something to a particular department, but please let us know.

    Additionally, if you have access to the Internet, there's little excuse for not being able to find out the precise title and name of somebody at a university.

Share This Page