wrongheaded

< Previous | Next >

zhonglin

Mandarin
Hi,

Good day! I need some advice about the meaning of the word "wrongheaded", I looked it up on some online dictionary and found the below information

wrong-head·ed (rông′hĕd′ĭd, rŏng′-)adj.
Mistaken or misguided, often stubbornly so: a wrong-headed approach to the problem; a well-meaning but wrong-headed reformer.

The definition is not quite clear to me so I might misuse this word, can somebody please help me understand the meaning of this word? Thank you in advance.

• Silver_Biscuit

English - UK
    I can't really define it better than the dictionary did. Perhaps you could write a sentence using it where you think it would be appropriate, and we can tell you if you're right?

Alternatively you could try the old trick of searching for it on Google to see it in a variety of different contexts, although of course there's no guarantee that all the hits will be good English.

zhonglin

Mandarin
    Hi these are the examples I had posted;

1) a wrong-headed approach to the problem
    2) a well-meaning but wrong-headed reformer.

These are hard to understand but I found another one, can this help you help me understand this word?

He's not just wrong, but wrongheaded about raising the kids.

creativewriter

Nederlands, Nederland
    If you want to understand the word, i would say it "illustrates" the wrong mindset or lacking skill-set the person might have, relating to whatever subject is being spoken of.

< Previous | Next >