wypiąć dupę

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
cecoll said:
[...]
P.s by the way I know what "dupę" in polish is so this translation (In Lipno when a dog moons) doesn`t seem very full to me...;)
http://forum.wordreference.com/showpost.php?p=1001986&postcount=7
For the sake of clarity I'm starting a new thread. :)

Well cecoll, the whole expression in Polish sounds: wypiąć (na kogoś) dupę.
It's a very informal/salng way of saying that one shows their butocks to someone. In my opinion "moon" means so in English or would you expect a more plain translation? :D

• cecoll

Bulgarian
    "W Lipnie jak pies dupę wypnie." (In Lipno when a dog moons)

Plain translation is ok to me :D (even in a private message)

By the way what exactly is Lipnie (Lipno) ???

Seana

Polish
    Hi,
    I would like to notice that it sounds bit archaic, and actually it isn't being used, however more often it is heart little close in meaning " wypiąć się na coś /na kogoś" what is means to ignore something of somebody.
    In English word for word it means somewhat like "stick out".
    But to be honest using them both first and second is very inelegant and impolite.

Seana

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Seana said:
    Hi,
    I would like to notice that it sounds bit archaic, and actually it isn't being used, however more often it is heart little close in meaning " wypiąć się na coś /na kogoś" what is means to ignore something of somebody.
    In English word for word it means somewhat like "stick out".
    But to be honest using them both first and second is very inelegant and impolite.

Seana
    I have to dissent from the first part of your post, Seana. To me it sounds a bit old-fashioned but not archaic.
    Anyway, I heard the phrase from my neighbour who's married to a woman hailing from Eastern Europe (probably Belorussia or Russia-not sure), he was telling about her relpying to something and she used that phrase.
    "Wypiąć się na kogoś" and "w Lipnie aż pies dupę wypnie" are expressions with two different meanings. ;)

mikesz14

Polish/Poland
    To powiedzonko też spotkałem :) Jego znaczenie jest takie, że w Lipnie (przepraszam za wyrażenie) wszyscy "dają d...". Nie wiem czy dają czy nie dają ale ludzie tak gadają ;)

Pzdr

tylko, że w tej frazie występuje "nawet"

< Previous | Next >