You are a cruel one winged angel who comes from hell.

paradoxa4

Venezuelan Spanish
I'm not sure about how the connectors "who, which, that" work in Japanese. Basically I've read that they simply don't exist, but there must be still a way to connect sentences in Japanese.

I want to say: "You are a cruel one winged angel who comes from hell".

It was my try: あなたは残酷な方翼の天使地獄から来る。

I wouldn't be surprised if that's wrong. How can I properly say that?

Thanks in advance.

• fitter.happier

Italian
    In Japanese, relative clauses are placed before the noun they modify, which eliminates the need for pronouns such as who/which/that.

Therefore, a cruel one-winged angel who comes from hell literally translates to 地獄から来た片翼の残酷な堕天使.

fitter.happier

Italian
    Well, considering that's not the kind of sentence you hear in real life, you could probably even use お前.
    At this point I guess your best bet is to wait for a native speaker or someone who knows a lot about cartoon-style talk.

Ocham

Japanese
    あなたは残酷な方翼の天使地獄から来る doesn't make any sense to me except the first part. I know it means "You are a cruel person." but the rest is ... It's nonsense to talk about grammatical structure by quoting the lyrics or words from comics.

Aoyama

français Clodoaldien
    Right, but fitter.happier's try is not bad."お前は地獄から来た片翼の残酷な堕天使desu".
    堕天使 instead of the usual 天使 is especially good, for "evil angel".

Last edited:

Ocham

Japanese
    I didn't know あなたは残酷な方翼の天使... is mistakenly transcripted. In the original text, it must have been あなたは残酷な片翼の天使. 片翼 is said to have been coined by a writer 生島治郎 (Ikushima Jiro) in his novel 『片翼だけの天使』(literally means one-winged angel). He himself read and wanted readers to read the title as "kata-yoku".

< Previous | Next >