You are welcome

Sharli_sara

China Chinese,Cantonese
Ho guardato una frase nel un libro:
- Scusa,Simone, ti dispiacerebbe prestarmi 10 euro?Ho lasciato il portafoglio a casa!
- Prego! Figurati!
Che cosa significa di "Figurati"?
Is it a verb:figurasi or ?

• Bella_Italia

Australia - English
    The word 'figurati!' means something similar to "my pleasure" meaning that the person is only too happy to help etc. In this context it could mean something like "Sure!" or "of course!" Meaning they are only to happy to help.

winnie

italy, italian
    Sharli_sara said:
    Ho guardato letto/visto una frase nel un libro:
    - Scusa,Simone, ti dispiacerebbe prestarmi 10 euro?Ho lasciato il portafoglio a casa!
    - Prego! Figurati!
    Che cosa significa di "Figurati"?
    Is it a verb:figurarsi or ?
    Figurati!=my pleasure or something like that.

Yes! Figurarsi is a verb. De Mauro gives theese meanings:

http://www.demauroparavia.it/43642

Welcome to WRF!

Andre Balian

English, uSA
    Based on Sharli_sara's grammatical errors, it may be helpful to her to know that the emphasis is on the U in figurati. I made that mistake in class once, thinking the emphasis was on the A, it was an awkward moment. Of course I didn't know that the informal imperative places the pronouns on the end.

;)

Sharli_sara

China Chinese,Cantonese
    Andre Balian said:
    Based on Sharli_sara's grammatical errors, it may be helpful to her to know that the emphasis is on the U in firurati. I made that mistake in class once, thinking the emphasis was on the A, it was an awkward moment. Of course I didn't know that the informal imperative places the pronouns on the end.

;)
    non capisco...

Andre Balian

English, uSA
    Okay, without getting tOO in depth...

When you say "figurati", you have to put the emphasis on the letter U. FigUrati. It's like, figUra-ti.

If you want to really understand you have to know the grammatical rules of the imperative form of verbs. (commands)

With the informal tu tense, you put the pronoun at the end of the conjugated verb. With the formal Lei, you put the pronoun at the beginning.

Figurati = informal
    Si figuri = formal

Maybe that's still confusing. I'm really tired. PM me if you want to know more about imperative.

Canna823

Mandarin
    Hello, I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but what are other ways to respond to "thank you" besides prego and di niente?

For example, in English, there are you're welcome, no problem, sure, not at all, my pleasure.. etc.

What about in italian?

Thanks!

Moderator's note: if you're quite sure that a topic has been already discussed, please use the search feature instead of opening a new thread.

< Previous | Next >