you can call me a S.O.B, but you are going to do it long distance

< Previous | Next >
  • Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    Which part of it do you not understand? What is the source of the quotation? Is there any context to the quotation?

uommmmm

arabic
    It is quotation of Dr.Phil McGraw, I can't understand the whole quotation, and there isn't context, because the quotation is subtitle of a chapter.

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Doesn't the chapter provide you some context? The sub-title probably relates to the content of the chapter.

My guess is that it means "You don't have the guts to call me an S.O.B to my face" or possibly "If you are going to call me an S.O.B, you'd better make sure you aren't in front of me when you do".

fiercediva

American English
    I have a dim recollection of it having something to do with cutting off contact with people who habitually bring negativity to the lives of others. Perhaps the main title of the chapter would yield a clue?

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    While the name sounded familiar, I couldn't recollect who Phil McGraw was. I just looked him up and I think fiercediva's suggestion is more likely to be right.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    My first thought was "You can call me that as much as you want but you'd better not do it when you're close enough that I can hit you."

< Previous | Next >