you know I always will be there when you were crying

Miguelillo 87

México español
Hi everybody, first of all it’s my first time on this forum (Slavic), almost all the time I received the help form Etcetera (I’m sure you should know her) anyway, I need help to translate one phrase, I don’t know even one word in Russian only Vodka ,Ya, spasiva and how to say I love you, But the point is that Tomorrow it’s the birthday of one of my best friends and she is Russian , She speaks perfect Spanish and she never has problem to communicate but I always wants to write her in these important moments for her on her native language, so I don’t know if you can help me, the text is not too long, I just want to tell her.-
Thank you for be my friend, and always be there when I need you, as I write you before I owe to God that He has brought you to this country, to this world, to this life.

I hope I will never failed you, and you know I always will be there when you were crying, when you were happy and when you need to talk.

Never go far away from me ‘cause if you do it you will be leaving a black deep hole on my life and on my heart.
I love you so much.

Now in Spanish if someone can speak it.

Gracias por ser mi amiga, y siempre estar ahí cuando lo he necesitado, como te dije antes le debo a Dios que te haya a traído a este país, a este mundo a esta vida.

Espero nunca fallarte, y sabes que siempre estaré ahí cuándo tú estés llorando, cuándo estés feliz, cuándo necesites hablar.

Nunca te alejes de mí, ya que si lo haces, vas a dejar un gran vacío en mí y en mi corazón.
Te quiero muchísimo.

thanks a lot to everybody ofr helping me

• Brian P

I've made a couple of changes. Here is the revised version:

Спасибо за то, что ты моя подруга, и что ты всегда рядом со мной когда нуждам в тебя. Как я сказал тебе раньше, я обязан Богу, что он тебя принёс в ту страну, в том свет, в ту жизнь.

Надеюсь, что я тебя никогда не буду разочаровывать, и знаешь, что я всегда буду рядом с тобой когда ты плачешь, когда ты рада и когда тебе нужно говорить

Никогда не уходи далеко от меня, потому что, если так делаешь, ты отстанешь черную, глубокую дыру в моей жизни и в моём сердце.

Я люблю тебя много.

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    Brian P said:
    Спасибо за то, что ты мой друг, и за то что ты всегда рядом когда я в тебе нуждаюсь. Как я тебе уже говорил, я обязан Богу за то, что он привел тебя в эту страну, в этот мир, в эту жизнь.

Надеюсь тебе не придется во мне разочароваться, и знай, что я всегда буду рядом, когда ты плачешь, когда ты рада и когда тебе нужно поговорить.

Никогда не покидай меня, потому что оставишь черную, глубокую пустоту в моей жизни и в моём сердце.

Я тебя очень люблю

Not bad at all, Brian, not bad at all!
    I made some corrections to your version, but I think it's good now.

Miguelillo, good luck, friend!

Some notes on word usage. I prefer the word "друг" is this context, sometimes it can refer to both genders, particularly in a "solemn" speech used in this letter. I used "привел" (led) instead of "принёс" (brought). The latter is actually fine, but to me has a slight connotation of "carried you", as in picked up and carried. I went with an impersonal form of "to be disappointed", although Brian's version would have worked too. In this case "тебе не придется " means "you won't have the occasion" to be disappointed. Finally, I used the word "пустота" ( = void, emptness) instead of "дыра" (hole), perhaps it sounds a bit more poetic in Russian.

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    P.S. Brian, I hesitated for a while with the word "свет" (world, mundo). I think it's actually a great word in this context, and I was really impressed that you chose to use it. Bold move!

I was tempted to leave it, but I couldn't really make it work in the expression that you used. So I went with a slightly less problematic "мир".:(

Miguelillo 87

México español
    Thank you Brian and Papillon, You were very kind, although I couldn’t see the last correction which were made by papillon. My friend understand everything I wanted to tell her, maybe she didn’t tell me about the little (very few as I can see) mistakes made. Maybe she tought it was rude to tell me if I did too much “effort” to translate, So thank you!!!!!! She was very happy to see a Russian letter again!!!1 By the way she didn’t tell me anything about the word Padruga (friend)
    Why you (papillon) change it to the other word?
    (sorry I cannot read Russian)

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    That's good to hear! I'm glad this made your friend happy.:)

Brian's version was perfectly fine, the (few) changes I made were mostly on style, and not substance. There were one or two rough spots, but maybe it's even better that you gave her the original version, perhaps she'll think that you did it yourself. This may earn you a couple of bonus points! :D

The word "podruga" is very good, and it means exactly "a female friend" or "girlfriend", so that in fact many native speakers would probably use this word in your case. The only reason I preferred the word "drug" was for stylistic reasons; I just thought "drug" was a little more of a "high speech" in this case. But this could just be my opinion, so no worries...
    Good luck!