you mustard the strength to ketchup to me

< Previous | Next >

Shandol

Persian - پارسی
Hello everybody. I came across a dialogue taken form "Sausage Party" movie. the statement is "I relish the fact... that you mustard the strength to ketchup to me". It appears to me that the word ketchup is used as a verb here. I have looked it up in dictionaries, but unfortunately I haven't found a meaning for it yet.
What do you think about it? please let me know your opinion. Thanks.

• Oddmania

French
    It's a pun :) You must have the strength to catch up with me.

EDIT: Oops, I only read the title. Andygc is right: "mustered", not "must have".

Last edited:

Andygc

British English
    It's a pun, but it's actually "I relish the fact... that you mustered the strength to catch up to me".

Myridon

English - US
    Relish (pickles cucumbers chopped finely), ketchup/catsup, and mustard are eaten with hot dogs (and other sausages).

Shandol

Persian - پارسی
    It's a pun :) You must have the strength to catch up with me.
    It's a pun, but it's actually "I relish the fact... that you mustered the strength to catch up to me".
    Thank you my friends. To be candid with you, I didn't know anything about pun. :)
    Relish (pickles cucumbers chopped finely), ketchup/catsup, and mustard are eaten with hot dogs (and other sausages).
    Frankly, I didn't get the picture. You said that just for educational purposes or was it related to the topic!:confused: Well, I think, only a person of perspicacity could discern these harmony and consonance. Thanks anyway.

Myridon

English - US
    Frankly, I didn't get the picture. You said that just for educational purposes or was it related to the topic!
    The topic sentence contains three puns related to sausages. Relish (condiment) = "to relish" (to enjoy), mustard (condiment) = "mustered" (gathered together), ketchup (condiment) = "catch up".

< Previous | Next >