your disappointment

< Previous | Next >

salai

Russian
Hello,
I am wondering about the word disaapointment in the following context:

I was extremely concerned to receive your letter and have looked into the matter very closely. I understand your disappointment with the incident at the entry to Minty’s club and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the club.

Maybe some other word would be better? How about frustration?

Thank you for your help and time.

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I am wondering about the word disappointment in the following context:

I was extremely concerned to receive your letter and have looked into the matter very closely. I understand your disappointment with the incident at the entry to Minty’s club and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the club.

Maybe some other word would be better? How about frustration?
    The choice of the best word would depend, I think, upon what the letter from the other person said. "Disappointment" indeed covers many situations; "frustration" would be appropriate if that is what the person expressed.

salai

Russian
    Hello,
    This is the letter composed by the student:

Dear Mr Ball

I was extremely concerned to receive your letter and have looked into the matter very closely. I understand your disappointment with the incident at the entry to Minty’s club and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the club. The people at the entry who were rude to you are the bouncers in our club and according to the rules it is forbidden to visit the club for people under 18. However, there was no need to humiliate you in front of your friends and behave impolitely towards you.

I hope you will accept as a token of our goodwill the enclosed flyer for 10 free parties in our club for you and your friends. I apologize sincerely for such a behavior of our staff.

With very best wishes

Yours sincerely,
    Kate Soboleva
    Customer Service Manager

< Previous | Next >