your job's <joke> [job is]

< Previous | Next >

panzerfaust0

mandarin
Hello. I recently encountered the word "joke" in a figurative way. Two instances where I heard it: 1. I play this computer game. I was reading a guide online that showed gamers how to build a strong character. Someone said, "use these skills and wear this equipment, and the final boss will be a joke". 2. in the theme song to the popular TV show Friends, the lyric goes: "your job's joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA. It seems you are always in the second gear. When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year".

I can figure out from the context that when something or someone is a joke, that means it/he sucks. Can someone tell me whether this is correct? Or you have a better definition. Thanks.

• panzerfaust0

mandarin
    Thanks for the response.

Allow me to add more info: so basically in this game I play, the final boss is very strong and powerful, and it kills players (like me) very easily. However, if I put good equipment on my character, and upgrade its skills (these are used to kill monsters and bosses), then it will kill the boss very quickly and with ease.

< Previous | Next >