Your own muse

filmmaker

Hindi
"Chapter 27. A ROOM OF YOUR OWN.

A friend said he discovered he had a muse as soon as he gave her a regular address where she could find him. Pick a chair, any chair, and sit there at the same time every day. Your own muse will eventually find you."

Book: What They Don't Teach You at Film School (Camille Landau and Tiare White)

Chapter 27 on this book starts with this sentence "A friend said he discovered he had a muse as soon as he gave her a regular address where she could find him." I got the meaning of the second sentence but not this one. Can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks.

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    Pick a chair, any chair, and sit there at the same time every day. Your own muse will eventually find you.

You need to sit in the same place (at your "regular address") at the same time every day and start trying to work. Sooner or later, inspiration (your "muse") will come to you.

filmmaker

Hindi
    Pick a chair, any chair, and sit there at the same time every day. Your own muse will eventually find you.

You need to sit in the same place (at your "regular address") at the same time every day and start trying to work. Sooner or later, inspiration (your "muse") will come to you.
    Actually I got the meaning of this sentence. What I don't understand was the first sentence. "A friend said he discovered he had a muse as soon as he gave her a regular address where she could find him."

glamorgan

English (UK)
    Actually I got the meaning of this sentence. What I don't understand was the first sentence. "A friend said he discovered he had a muse as soon as he gave her a regular address where she could find him."
    It means that as soon as he had a room of his own (the chapter is entitled “A Room of Your Own), his own place, “she”, (his muse) could find and inspire him.

< Previous | Next >