your town is having affair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meerana

Arabic
Hello all great people in this great platform. May you please tell me what does " your town is having affair " mean? I did not understand why it is "town" and why did she say town affair, is it an occasion? Here is the text👇🏻

let's say it's a weekend, and it's a beautiful sunny day. And let's say your town is having affair and you plan on going to the camp, the town fair or the special holiday event.

Thanks in advance 🌹

• Meerana

Arabic
    It clearly says "your town is having a fair". And then goes on to say "... and you're planning on going to the town fair". No doubt at all - the town is having a fair and you are planning to attend it.

Aha, I thought that it is an affair, that's why I didn't understand it. So sorry 🙏🏻and much appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Myridon

English - US
    Aha, I thought that it is an affair,
    Note that "the town is having affair" is ungrammatical because "affair" is countable and needs a determiner such as "an" or "the". You should have known something was wrong just because of that.
    Yes, I heard it many times.😓
    This implies that you have heard it in many different places, not that you listened to one recording more than once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.