Your way to holiday

EmcdNet

France
Bonjour,

Est-ce que la phrase "Your way to holiday" a un sens en anglais, et est-ce que celle-ci paraît naturelle à l'oreille ?
Ou éventuellement "Your best way to holiday" ?

Cette phrase sera employée toute seule, un peu comme un slogan.

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
  • EmcdNet

France
    Mercy Wopsy pour votre réponse.
    Je cherchais plutôt à exprimer "Votre chemin/voie pour les vacances" en fait.

Connaîtriez-vous une manière plus adaptée pour le dire ?

Merci beaucoup

EmcdNet

France
    Merci Wopsy, toutefois je cherchais dans la mesure du possible à conserver la rime.
    Pensez-vous que cela est possible ?

Merci beaucoup

EmcdNet

France
    That's great thank you! Is the word "pathway" fluent in english? The sentence isn't sounding weird?

Thanks for your help

EmcdNet

France
    I'm sorry to dig up (?) this topic, but I've a question about the sentence that Wopsy helped me to find.

It was "The pathway to my holidays"
    If I write "My pathway to holidays", is the sentence still right and does it have the same sense?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my mistakes, but I try to do my best :))

akaAJ

American English, Yiddish
    Wopsy originally interpreted "to holiday" as a verb, based on the highly truncated example. Another use of a noun this way is "I like to party (by drinking myself senseless)." The more recent examples from EmcdNet use holiday(s) as a noun, but neither is a sentence, so I don't know how metaphoric the "path" or "pathway" is. The two forms may or may not have similar meanings; I'd like to see more sentence.

< Previous | Next >