Your Yi must be seen through your eyes

Thrym

Spanish
I think Yi (意) means Intention, but how can we say in Chinese "Your Yi must be seen through your eyes"?

• Thrym

Spanish
    Thank you, but it's possible a literal translation of "The Yi must be seen through your eyes", using the character 意 ?

lee376033

Chinese
    意念;意图, 意向; 用意;目的; 打算;计划;想法 are synonymous of "intention"
    normally we use two character 字 in Mordern Chinese as a word 词

Last edited:

wacdjb

China Chinese
    Thank you, but it's possible a literal translation of "The Yi must be seen through your eyes", using the character 意 ?

I agree with lee376033. It's kind of awkward to use just a single character "意", even in our daily communication.

Why do you wanna use the character alone? I think it's much easier for us to help you if you provide a context. :)

Thrym

Spanish
    I agree with lee376033. It's kind of awkward to use just a single character "意", even in our daily communication.

Why do you wanna use the character alone? I think it's much easier for us to help you if you provide a context. :)
    I'm a wushu practitioner; in my school it's said the Intention (that I think it's called Yi 意) must be seen through the eyes.

wacdjb

China Chinese
    I'm a wushu practitioner; in my school it's said the Intention (that I think it's called Yi 意) must be seen through the eyes.
    Then that's different, but sorry I can't explain the meaning of Yi意 even in Chinese when it's about wushu. Hope other guys can help you.

Rikkify

English, Mandarin, Taiwanese
    Greetings,

In the case for Wushu, 意念 (Yi Nian) would be the correct term to use, meaning "Mind" literally, but more like "the intended mind" in martial arts.

If I was the instructor, I would interpret the sentence as, "你的意念必须要呈现在你的双眼之中", literally meaning "Your mind must be apparent through your eyes", which is the closest translation for your sentence I think, with regards to Wushu.

Cheers

Cheer

< Previous | Next >