Senior Member
English, U.S.
Hi everyone. I know zacate can be translated as "grass", but here in southeastern Mexico it is more like a large dried leaf, I think a leaf from a palm tree. Is there any English translation for that or should I just use "zacate" or palm leaf roof?
  • Alisterio

    Senior Member
    UK English
    Are you thinking of the dried palm leaves they use to make palapa roofs? I would call it just that, or "palm thatching" if you're talking about the material in general rather than a single leaf.
    < Previous | Next >