zamarla dziewczyna

vbergen

Spanish, espagnol, español de América
Hello. Please help with this phrase:
"Pierwsza o moich planach dowiedziala sie Anna... zamarla dziewczyna... a mama odniej odrazu zaczela sie smiac... nie zdajac sobie sprawy z tego ze mysle o tym powaznie..."

I don't unterstand at all :( it is about a girl and a mother?
Please help :(

• word_up

Hello,
    this is not 100% grammatically correct. The sense is also ambiguous.

I understand that:
    Anna was the first to know about my plans.
    A girl (Anna?) froze still.
    A mother (od niej makes no sense here, maybe it should be "her mother") began to laugh immediately, not realizing that I think of it seriously.

candy-man

Polish/Poland
    "Pierwsza o moich planach dowiedziala sie Anna... zamarla dziewczyna... a mama odniej odrazu zaczela sie smiac... nie zdajac sobie sprawy z tego ze mysle o tym powaznie..."

It was Ann who was the first to find out about my plans... the ones of the dead girl...and her mother instantly started to laugh at her...she didn´t realize,however, that I was seriously thinking about it.

A ver, hay unas cuantas imprecisiones,por lo que es difícil comprender lo que has querido decir.

Ana fue la primera en enterarse de mis planes...los de la chica muerta...y su madre se echó a reír de ella al instante ya que no se daba cuenta de que yo pensara en eso en serio.

Agi

I have one question is Anna a dead person or there is another dead girl in the "air" ?
    I would think that Anna is dead in this sentence but it so ambigiuous that I couldn't tell for sure

word_up

It's "zamarła" not "zmarła" so I think there's no sense in arguing that she is dead.
    It could be a mispelled word, but then would you think that she literally"dropped dead/died instantly" the moment she heard the news?
    I'd say that's a ridiculous idea...
    Zamarła != zmarła. It certainly doesn't mean a dead girl.
    And that's it.

Last edited:

scarlett_wilk

Polish

I would say something like that:
    Anna was first to know about my plans and she got petrified. She told about them her mother who started to laugh straight away after hearing the news. I guess she didn’t realize I meant business…

mat55

I would like to add that "mama od niej" means "jej mama" (her mother). However, this is probably Silesian and even Polish people (not living in Silesia) often get it wrong.

Last edited:

fragile1

Please, make sure, that there is:
    mama od niej or maybe
    mama do niej