zdarty

• Jendrej

Polish
    “Zdarty” generally means torn off. In the case of “zdarta skóra” it means torn skin (eg. by falling on a rough surface). Zdarta because “skóra” is feminine.

Ben Jamin

Polish
    Not necessarily - the translation will depend very much on the context. It could be coming off, peeled off, ripped off, etc.
    Historically the "zdarta skóra" has been used mainly about flaying of animals or people.
    Coming off does not harmonize for me with "zdzierać", but rather "odchodzić/odpadać", and "peeling" with "obierać owoc ze skórki/łupiny" or a cosmetic operation of "ścierać naskórek", and "ripped off" with "odrywać", not "zdzierać".

yezyk

Polish
    Historically the "zdarta skóra" has been used mainly about flaying of animals or people.
    Coming off does not harmonize for me with "zdzierać", but rather "odchodzić/odpadać", and "peeling" with "obierać owoc ze skórki/łupiny" or a cosmetic operation of "ścierać naskórek", and "ripped off" with "odrywać", not "zdzierać".
    But Ben Jamin, we have no context here. How do you know it is not about, say, a scratch on a knee or an open blister on a heel? Please grant me the "not necessarily".

< Previous | Next >